Official update on Loi Krathong celebrations in Thailand – November 2013
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has announced Loi Krathong Festival 2013 in seven Thai destinations but has postponed the art & music concert in Phetchaburi.
TAT has announced its support for the “Loi Krathong Festival” 2013 to be organised in seven major tourist destinations between 10 – 20 November:
- Chiang Mai
- Samut Songkhram
As the nation is in mourning following the passing of His Holiness Somdet Phra Nyanasamvara, Somdet Phra Sangharaja Sakolmahasanghaparinayaka, the Supreme Patriarch of Thailand, TAT will still organise the Loi Krathong Festival (since it is an ongoing Thai tradition), but on a more subdued scale. Certain entertainment has been cancelled from the program of events.
TAT will organise the Loi Krathong Festival 2013 in the following locations:
- Chiang Mai: 10 – 18 November at Chiang Mai Municipality, Thapae Gate, Lanna Historical Museum in Mueang District.
- Sukhothai: 13 – 17 November at Sukhothai Historical Park in Mueang District.
- Bangkok: 15 – 17 November at ASIATIQUE The Riverfront on Charoen Krung Road.
- Tak: 15 – 20 November at the Rattanakosin 200 Years Bridge in Mueang District.
- Ayutthaya: on 17 November at Wat Tha Ka Rong in Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya District.
- Samut Songkram: on 17 November at the King Rama II Memorial Park and Wat Phumrinkudeethong in Amphawa District.
- Suphanburi: on 17 November at the Tha Chin River in Mueang District.
Meanwhile, TAT has announced the postponement of the Lhong Rak Thale Dao Art & Music or “Falling in Love with the Sea of Stars” concert, which was scheduled to be held on 9 November, 2013. The concert has been rescheduled to be held on 13 December, 2013, during 18.00 hrs to 02.00 hrs with its location on Chao Samran Beach, Phetchaburi and participating artists and musicians remain unchanged.
If you are planning on attending one of these events whilst in Thailand you can call the TAT Call Centre on 1672 for the latest updates during your stay.